I am originally from Manaus, Brazil. I moved to the United States to study when I was 22 and […] I want to leave a legacy here in my community of impacting the younger generation with good health. The Scott Scholarship is helping me accomplish that.”
—Meg Schwalger, 2018 Scholarship Recipient
The Scott Kennedy Educational Scholarship is a private scholarship, paid to recipients by Scott Kennedy, Esq. You can read about past award recipients here: 2018, 2019. In 2020, the primary scholarship is $1,500. Secondary awards are $500.
Scholarship Selection Committee
The selection committee includes friends Scott Kennedy and James Tenenbaum.
The scholarship is open to anyone who has completed or by 2021 will be enrolled in a college, graduate, workforce, trade, or like educational pursuit. You can apply no matter your citizenship status, nationality, residence or lack thereof, age, gender, ethnicity, disability, or like identifiers. Because the aforesaid may influence your experience, the committee may consider them if they are voluntarily shared.
Until November 1, 2020, you can apply by emailing the following to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject “2020 Scott Scholarship Application – [Your Name]”):
(1) your personal story, which can be an essay, or original video, image, or artwork, however you define artwork.
– Essays can include any format, but should not exceed 1,000 words.
– Videos can include any format, but should not exceed 5 minutes.
– An image or artwork should be accompanied by up to 250 words that describe why you chose the image or artwork, or what it means.
– For all formats, if applicable, you may submit up to 500 extra words describing how the coronavirus pandemic, racial issues, or both have impacted you. This is not required to receive an award or have a complete application;
(2) an official or unofficial transcript, or other proof of enrollment. The committee does not consider grades; and
(3) your resume or LinkedIn profile, which may be considered as part of your story.
Award recipients will be notified by December 7, 2020, and announced on the website by December 14.
Idea, question, comment? Write email@example.com. If a response is warranted or requested, you’ll hear back within 24 hours.